Wednesday's Ruck & Maul
* Watch with like-minded friends (CW in Section 221)
* Support your club (15% of sales)
* Cheer our men and women at a fun-filled event.
* Buy your tickets now.
PLAN TO PLACE YOURSELF IN A SEAT
BOOK THIS DATE – MARCH 9th @ Victoria Union Club (details soon)
HOW CAN YOU HELP??
Many thanks to all our donors and bidders for your fabulous support with last season's Fun(d)raiser! Your contributions were so appreciated and critical in raising funds for all of our programs. Here are some examples of what last year's funds raised through the auction and dinner were put towards:
· equipment for the new second field set-up at Windsor Park
· uniforms for Minis, Juniors & Seniors
· new computerized VEO game camera enabling high quality recording of Junior and Senior games
· CW logo field-side tents for Minis and Juniors
· new portable field lights to increase the training area at Windsor Park
· buses to take our 4 Island Champion Junior teams and their supporters from Tsawwassen to UBC this past weekend for Provincial finals!
We need your help to make this season’s Fundraiser Dinner & Auction an amazing event. There are many creative ways for you to donate an item* or experience* from within your work/business and/or specific interests.
We encourage you to reach out to colleagues, friends and family for donations too. Large or small contributions are very appreciated! We enjoy taking smaller items and combining them together to create speciality packages. Big or small we love them all!
Here are some examples of donations: gift certificates, sports equipment/clothing, massage therapy sessions, framed artwork, a weekend getaway for two, boating/fishing adventures, a round of golf. We would also love some fun community-building donations from players and families - these types of donations were very hot auction items last year! Some examples are homemade baked goods delivered (1 per month for 3 months), and half a day worth of gardening services. The scope is endless!
* To donate auction items or experiences please contact Lindy Van Alstine or (250) 889-6899 by December 31st.
LOCAL SPORTS ICON CALLS IT A DAY
Former Premier Men’s coach, Ian Hyde-Lay is retiring from an amazing professional and sporting career. Hydes is most widely known as the discoverer of Steve Nash. He coached CW in the 2011 season which was the last time the club won the BCRU Men’s Premiership. We ask you to book this date and plan to attend to celebrate his diversified career.
Picked up this snippet along the way. The Arrows cannot be the only franchise that has lost money in the MLR! As positive as I want to be about NA pro-rugby, I just cannot imagine Vancouver as a base to successfully support a franchise, a suggestion made by many as a Toronto alternative.
After watching Christine Sinclair’s shining moment, I must confess I would see MLR placing a distant second to NWSL! We will watch with great interest to see what happens with the Players Association questions.