Castaway Wanderers R.F.C
Mental health support resources
Emergency and After-Hours Support
- Vancouver Island Crisis Line: 1-888-494-3888 (24 hour phone support)
- 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-784-2433 (24 hour phone support)
- BC Mental Health Support Line: 310-6789 (24 hour phone support)
- Here2Talk: 1-877-857-3397 (24 hour phone and chat counselling support for B.C. post-secondary students)
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 or text 686868 (national 24-hour phone and text support)
- NUU-US crisis line: 1-800-588-8717 (24 hour phone support for Indigenous people in BC)
- Vancouver Island Crisis Society provides text and chat support options (not 24 hours)
- Youthspace.ca: online chat and e-counselling for youth under 30 (not 24 hours)
- Victoria Sexual Assault Clinic or Victoria Sexual Assault Response Team can be reached through the Vancouver Island Crisis Line: 1-888-494-3888
Greater Victoria Community Resources
- AIDS Vancouver Island
Serves the needs of people infected and affected by HIV and Hepatitis C. Works to prevent infection, provide support and reduce stigma.
- Beacon Community Services
Offers various supports to individuals within Southern Vancouver Island and the Outer Gulf Islands, including counselling on a sliding scale basis to those living in the Saanich Peninsula area.
- Bridges for Women Society
Supports women impacted by violence and abuse to reclaim their lives through education and employment training.
- Citizens Counselling Centre
Volunteer counsellors provide individual, couple and group counselling on a sliding scale basis.
- Eating Disorders Program – South Vancouver Island
Multidisciplinary community mental health team supports youth, adults and families impacted by eating disorders (self-referral).
- Esquimalt Neighbourhood House Society
Provides various services including mental health and supportive counselling for adults.
- First Nations Health Authority
Provides various supports including coverage for First Nations People to access mental health providers.
- Foundry Victoria
Provides free, confidential services to people aged 12 to 24, including primary health care, mental health support and counselling.
- Greater Victoria Street Survival Guide
Lists resources, including shelters, for individuals facing homelessness.
- Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria
Provides information and support to help immigrants and refugees reach their goals.
- Island Health: Central Access and Rapid Engagement Service (CARES) Victoria
A single point of access to Mental Health and Substance Use (MHSU) services in Victoria.
- Island Health: Pain Program
Services for individuals living with severe chronic pain and those who support them (doctor referral required).
- Island Sexual Health
Pro-choice sexual health clinics, education programs and products. Includes pap tests, birth control, STI tests, pregnancy tests and more.
- Men’s Therapy Centre
Counselling and group support for anyone who identifies as a man and has experienced trauma as a child or an adult. Access to Victim Services workers who can provide referrals and funding options.
- Pacific Centre Family Services Association
Offers various programs, including affordable counselling and employment support to individuals, couples and families living on the West Shore.
- TAPS (Together Against Poverty Society)
Provides free, in-person legal advocacy for individuals facing income assistance, disability benefits, employment standards and tenancy issues.
- Vancouver Island Queer Resource Collective
List of resources for queer folks in and around Victoria.
- Vancouver Island Women’s Clinic
Provides a range of services for women during their reproductive years, including STI screening, contraception needs, management of miscarriage and unplanned pregnancy (abortion).
- Victoria Medical Society
A list of local walk-in clinics as well as family and maternity doctors accepting new patients.
- The Victoria Native Friendship Centre
Provides various forms of support to Indigenous people, including access to health services, addictions counselling and career/employment/education support.
- 1Up: Victoria Single Parent Resource Centre
Support for single parents, including free individual counselling sessions, mentoring and education.
- Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Centre Society
Helps with the settlement and adjustment of immigrants and refugees to Canada.
- Victoria Sexual Assault Centre and Clinic
Committed to supporting women and Trans survivors of sexual assault and childhood sexual abuse through advocacy, counselling and empowerment. The Sexual Assault Clinic provides a confidential and welcoming environment for recent survivors of sexual assault to receive medical/forensic exams, crisis support and reporting/referral options.