CW - Seeking Coaching Applications for Head Coach - Senior Women's Program
Castaway Wanderers – Women’s Program Head Coach
Castaway Wanderers is seeking a Head coach for its Senior Women’s program for the upcoming 2017/2018 season. The CW women’s program was established in the 2015/2016 season and had an incredible inaugural season going on to win the 2015/2016 Provincial Premiership title.
CW is focused on program excellence and the development of its athletes and coaches. For the women’s program, we are looking to grow the program base and established strong connections between the well-established girl’s youth pathway (mini through to U18), local colleges and university programs and to actively recruit experienced and new players to the program. Initial responsibilities will include solidify the premiership program and grow the program by establishing a developmental team to complete the player pathway from youth to senior.
The Castaway Wanderers female program is well respected for both its excellence and innovation. In its brief 6-year history, the girls program has been recipient of 3 Rugby Canada awards (2 Young Female Athlete of the Year, 1 Female Coach of the Year). In addition, 1 of our senior players has been the Gillian Florence award recipient.
In addition, the program has lead the development of a girl’s pathway in the club system in the lower Victoria area and produced many regional, provincial and national players at levels in the player pathway. In addition, the CW program has been influential in establishing a high school girls 7-aside league that has just finished its 5th year.
The head coach position will be play an important role in this pathway and is expected to make strong connections with feeder programs inside and outside of the club. Connections to university and college programs will be seen as a major asset.
Head Coach – this position is repsonsible for overall coaching direction and leadership with the senior women’s team. Role is expected to lead coaching 2 coaching sessions per week and lead the team in League participation for the 2016/2017 season. This role will report into the Executive - Director of Female Rugby for Castaway Wanderers. Honoraria will be considered for all coaching/management positions, commensurate with experience and position. CW Executive are asking for a 2-year commitment to the program.
Detailed description of the Head Coach role is outlined below:
CW Women’s program is seeking a highly-motivated and organized individual to serve as the head coach of its Senior Women’s program.
• Strong coaching and leadership skills
• Sound Technical & Tactical Knowledge
• Enjoy working in a team environment
• Clear understanding of Rugby Canada and NCCP coaching standards and NCCP Level 2 attainment (or equivalent)
• Demonstrated success with motivation and coaching of elite-level team(s)
• To provide a comprehensive player selection plan and policy
• Provide feedback to players on areas of improvement on a regular and timely basis, as well as explain selection decisions
• To provide technical and tactical coaching to individual players as appropriate
• To develop well-structured training sessions and provide team progressions in all areas of play
• Provide leadership of the team and team management through effective communication
• Attend all training sessions and games
• Support development of athletes for representative and pathway progression
• Willingness to help recruit players to the program
In conjunction with the team manager and assistant coach, this role will be important and integral in the success of our CW Women’s program. Applicants must provide past coaching experience and current qualifications.
All interested applicants should send their resumes to Matt Gordon - or David Crossley at .
Deadline for all applicants is August 10, 2017.
Application can be downloaded here: Castaway Wanderers - Womens Program - Head Coach - FINAL